[mou] Sherburne & Mille Lacs, compared with Duluth

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Mon Aug 27 12:13:11 EDT 2007

Kim & MOU,

We've had 22 species move through Mille Lacs & northern Sherburne counties
in the last 7-10 days, 17 this weekend (Saturday AM & Monday AM, no Sunday
times out).  The single Blue-winged was a probable resident.  Yellows have
been scarce the last few days.  No Yellow-rumpeds, Palms, Orange-crowneds or
Bay-breasteds yet.  Single Blackpoll.  Only two Northern Waterthrushes & two
Northern Parulas.

Twelve shorebird species (nothing uncommon), most at Sherburne CR 2
wastewater ponds (key access only during off hours) - the lake has been
surprisingly slow.

Thanks for sharing the excellent report.  Feel free to send the Whimbrels
our way when finished with them.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties