[mou] Sandhill cranes in Normanna Township, St. Louis Cty

Molly Thompson thompm65 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:19:16 EDT 2007

Hello,
This morning my husband and I saw 3 sandhill cranes in Normanna township, Pequaywan Lake Road, north of Duluth.  Earlier this summer I reported seeing 1 sandhill about a mile from today's location.  At that time Jan Green mentioned that a year ago George Kirk reported adults with flightless young just north of where I saw them today and in July.

I could not tell if any of today's sandhills were juveniles. One looked a little paler, but the lighting was not good.  All three were in flight and called.

Molly Thompson
Duluth, MN