[mou] Update on Lake Superior boat trips

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 22:54:07 EDT 2007

Hello:

  In two weeks there will be a birding trip on Lake Superior.  The LL Smith Research vessel holds 24 birders.  On the last two seasons in September we spotted Parasitic Jaegers from the boat and last year on Sept. 22nd the boat was cancelled due to a stiff gale force winds and rain but we did go out in our rain gear and saw at least 6 Parasitic Jaegers from shore inculding one Pomarine Jaeger and a Little Gull.

  The cost for the LL Smith Research vessel for 4 hours is $520.00 and I am not making a cent on these trips just trying to get birders to join me on these 4 hour trips. We depart from Duluth harbor at 8am and be back at the dock at 12:00pm. I will supply coffee/water/snacks!!

  Current registration:
  Sept 8th = 11 birders signed on (at $30/birder = $330 or -190 to pay boat fee OR $40/birder and - $80 to pay boat fee) So at $40/ birder all we need is two more birders! or at $30 we need 7 more birders!

  Sept 22nd:  11 birders signed up and same ordeal as above.

  Oct 6th: 9 birders signed up and I could use more birders on this trip to make it a go.

  Thanks for your time!!

Mike Hendrickson
  Duluth, Minnesota
  Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/