[mou] Sherburne Auto Tour; MOU Mille Lacs trip reminder

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Fri Aug 24 14:57:12 EDT 2007

Jim Williams and I birded the Prairie Wildlife Auto Tour portion of
Sherburne Refuge this morning.

Birding was initially slow (perhaps due to the excellence of the
conversation - we've emailed for years but this was our first time in the
field together), then picked up some with eight warbler species (including a
Blackpoll that gave us fits; Nashvilles were very common this morning), 60+
American White Pelicans (first of fall), 16 Great Egrets (also first of fall
for me in the refuge) and various commoners.

For those who have signed up for the Saturday, September 1st Mille Lacs
trip - remember to meet at Kathio State Park at 7:30 AM - and to either have
your state sticker already or be prepared to pay $5.00 for a self
registration day sticker (even if you're parking in the lot and carpooling -
I checked with staff today).

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN