[mou] State Fair Volunteers

BobHoltz1933 at aol.com BobHoltz1933 at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 18:08:55 EDT 2007

Manley Olson and I had the privilege on being on the first shift at the MOU
table on the South side of the DNR Building this morning. In spite of the
drizzle we had many visitors. Several indicated they would join the MOU.

Let me encourage volunteers to focus on two items at the table. First, there
is a large supply of our Minnesota Birding Newsletters. Show people the web
site listing on the second last page and encourage them to check out the MOU. On
the opposite page is a membership enrollment form. Second, there are green
slips advertising the free Youth Mentorship Programs we conduct. Many teachers
stop looking for materials. Give them a handout. Also, ask children, especially
4th-6th graders, to take a slip to their teacher. I always tell them that I
said their teacher owes them an extra point in science for bringing in the slip.

Finally, Chris Benson still has openings for volunteers at our (YOUR) table.
Check his last e-mail for these openings.

Enjoy the fair.

Bob Holtz