[mou] Sod Farms

Gail Wieberdink wieber64 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 09:17:38 EDT 2007

We drove past the Dakota County sod farms yesterday afternoon and clearly,
they had some really nice rain down there!  At the Braun sod farm along
County Road 66 where we saw the buff-breasted sandpipers two weeks ago,
there were 50+ killdeer and some smaller shorebirds that were just too far
away to ID.  At the Jirik Sod Farms there were several areas of standing
water that had many sandpipers.  Most appeared to be Pectorals although
there might have been others as well.   One area of standing water right
next to the road had at least 10 to 15 yellowlegs (lesser?).  I don't
imagine the standing water will be there too long but the birds are
certainly enjoying it while they can!

Gail

Gail Wieberdink
wieber64 at comcast.net