[mou] Reason for posting birding questions

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Tue Aug 14 17:13:01 EDT 2007

Mike & MOU,

Reason for posting questions:  growth through knowledge & sharing, for
others & myself.  Not particularly interested in the debate process, and
certainly not in personal attacks.  My condolences to those who have been
hurt or offended, it was not intended.

It's a classic learning & teaching approach, questions challenge us to think
things through.  I learned a ton recently when an MOU member sent me his
paper on the probable bobwhite extirpation in Minnesota.  Since bobwhites
are countable in Wisconsin (with extreme care), I was unaware of their
status in our state.

As a side note of potential interest, one of the questions led to magazine
articles and a short-run publication a few years back (not by me).  The
sharing (50 some participants) showed how a listserv can also be an
e-community.

We all need to grow, whether as expert, "middlin" or novice birders - or as
human beings.

Thanks.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN