[mou] Recent discussion

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 16:48:00 EDT 2007

Richard Wood has a long history with other state listservs where he was either put on the moderator's list or was booted off these listservs for causing lots of problems. I have contacted several listserv owners or moderators and they basically say the same thing that Richard is a pain in the ass!  A birder in Utah emailed me and said "good luck with Richard"  and that statement pretty much sums things up about Richard.

  Also I never understood why Al Schirmacher post these types of questions on the MOU listserv. He posts the same questions on Bird Chat and also on MnBird.  I do not know if Al likes to read the discussions or likes the debates these questions can lead into. Some of Al's quesitons almost sounds like Al is trolling for debate on these listservs.

  I said it before and I will say it again -- maybe its time the MOU create another listserv so we can read about bird sightings period.

  Also if you see a bird of any type COUNT IT and do whatever you want with that sighting!!  If you want your list published on the MOU listing supplement than you have to follow the MOU rules or the ABA rules of listing birds.  Where do birders get the idea that there are bird list cops out there moderating lists? You can count anything you want but remember if you want your list published than follow the rules.

  PS: I am the one that called Richard a troublemaker because he is!

   Mike Hendrickson
   Duluth