[mou] Chukar-Carver Park Reserve-Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:34:30 EDT 2007

This morning around 9:30 I found a beautiful male Chukar at Carver Park
Reserve.  He made his chuck chuck song and posed from the trail that leads
to King Blind from the small parking area.  It is quite a shock to me but
there is no doubt in my mind that it is a Chukar.  He had the red bill and
legs, the black leading across his eyes and down the side of the neck, and
the blueish gray head(top) and neck(back)  When he noticed me he ran to the
right(if you are facing the parking area) side of the trail.  I will the
complete list of birds at the park this morning in just a bit.   Wow

John