[mou] Lake Superior Boat Trips

Mike Hendrickson smithville4 at charter.net
Wed Aug 8 15:27:49 EDT 2007

Hello:

I have plenty of room for the Lake Superior Boat Trips to look for jaegers, gulls and terns and we also look for loons and other types of waterfowl.  I am going to drop the price down from $40 to $30 for each birders including the birders that have already signed up.  This way I am not making a cent on these trips but rather trying to get birders to come out with me to scan for Parasitic jaegers, Sabine Gulls, Little Gulls and a host of other possibilities that can be found roaming the water of western Lake Superior.  We will be using a 40 foot research vessel, LL Smith  owned by the University of Wisconsin-Superior.

Next year I will be only offering one trip in September as the novelty of these trips is slowing down but I still think these lake superior trip have a lot to offer to birders.

September 8th trip I have 20 openings ( the beginning period of scanning for jaegers and small gulls)
September 22nd trip will coincide with Hawk Ridge Weekend and also the peak time for jaegers, gulls and terns  I have 22 openings!
October 6th is towards the end of jaegers and small gulls but the beginning time for sea ducks, large gulls and Pacific Loons. I have 14 openings!

The trips begin at 8am and back at the dock around 12:30pm ( the time to watch hawks kettling above skyline)

If you are interested please reply.

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Lake Superior Boat Trips