[rba] MOU RBA 19 September 2008

Anthony Hertzel axhertzel at sihope.com
Fri Sep 19 00:08:53 CDT 2008

-RBA
*Minnesota
*Minnesota Statewide
*September 19, 2008
*MNST0809.19

-Birds mentioned
Snow Goose
Snowy Egret
Mississippi Kite
Sabine's Gull
Little Gull
Caspian Tern
American Pipit
Summer Tanager
Lapland Longspur
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: September 19, 2008
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel (axhertzel at sihope.com)

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday, September 18th 2008.

A subadult MISSISSIPPI KITE was seen in the early afternoon of September
17th in northwestern Ramsey County, but the bird moved on to the
northwest without being refound.

A SABINE'S GULL was at the north end of Lake Bemidji in Beltrami County
on September 13th and again on the 14th but it has now apparently left
the area. A LITTLE GULL was here on the 14th and 15th at the tip of
Diamond Point Park near 20th Avenue North and Birchmont Drive.

I have a secondhand report of a WESTERN WOOD-PEWEE from the 12th at the
Park Point recreational area in Duluth. The bird was near the boardwalk
south of the ball fields.

On the 14th, a SNOWY EGRET was on the shore of the Minnesota River along
the auto-tour road of Big Stone NWR in Big Stone County.

In Hennepin County, a SUMMER TANAGER visited a Maple Grove yard on the
17th, but I have no additional details. Southbound migrants reported
this past week include SNOW GOOSE, CASPIAN TERN, AMERICAN PIPIT, and
LAPLAND LONGSPUR.

The next scheduled update of this tape is Thursday, September 25th 2008.