[rba] [mou] Little Gull still present in Bemidji, no Sabine's seen today.

Johnson, Douglas rba at moumn.org
Tue Sep 16 16:09:19 CDT 2008

Went out during my lunch hour on Monday and refound the Little Gull on
Lake Bemidji.  First seen from Cameron Park at 25th Ave. north several
hundreds of yards off shore, it flew with a large flock of Bonaparte's
Gulls (50 plus) further out on to the lake.  Bird acting very disturbed
as if chased.   The flock flew southward and was more visible from the
tip of Diamond Point Park at about 20th Ave. North and Birchmont Dr.
where the tip of the park juts into the lake.    Diamond Point provides
good viewing from the point as the birds were on the north side of the
tip of the point.  Unfortunately, I did not see the Sabine's Gull but
could only look for an hour or so.  However, I did find a Franklin's
Gull making six gull species over the last two days for L. Bemidji.
Also, seen was a Cooper's Hawk migrating down the shore.

Doug Johnson

Bemidji