[rba] [mou] Eurasian Wigeon still present in Hennepin Co.

Chu, Philip rba at moumn.org
Sat Nov 8 12:02:25 CST 2008

The male Eurasian Wigeon remains at North Anderson Lake in Eden Prairie; it was present continuously from 7:25 (when I arrived) until 9:45 (when I  left).

I second Jim Mattsson's 6 November statements about the bird's appearance, and add that - at a distance where I could clearly see dark flecking on the faces of Gadwalls, American Wigeons, and female Northern Pintails - no dark flecks were visible on the face of the bird in question.  In short, I saw no reason to be concerned about the presence of American Wigeon genes.

Phil Chu
Department of Biology
St. John's University
Collegeville, MN 56321