[rba] [mou] Summer Tanager Blue Hill

Nathan Schirmacher rba at moumn.org
Fri Jul 18 15:19:19 CDT 2008

    Today i was at Blue Hill Trail in Sherburne NWR. I observed a Female Summer Tanager. The bird was a few yards before the main trail that goes left into the main woods. This location had  Male and Female Summer Tanagers  in 06 these were found by Helen Wang. Then later confirmed by many people. These are some of the field marks. The Tanager had yellow underneath the tail. The color was uniform yellowish all over the body except for the wings with some grayish on it. It sang a couple brief notes which were all over the map but not buzzy. It unfortunately flew away as soon as my camera focused on it. If you have any questions feel free backchannel.

Nathan Schirmacher
Princeton,MN
Mille Lacs County
http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_mobile_072008