[rba] [mou] Red-throated Loons Park Point Duluth

Chris Mansfield rba at moumn.org
Mon Jul 14 12:03:19 CDT 2008

Monday 14 July Peder Svingen and I saw four adult Red-throated Loons on Lake
Superior from the 22nd Street access.  We watched the birds until 11:15 AM
as they preened and drifted farther out east into the lake.  A scope was
essential for decent viewing at that time.

Earlier this morning, Peder observed an additional 2 Red-throated Loons,
which left the flock of 4 and flew SE towards Wisconsin Point at about 10:20
AM.

On a personal note: this occasion marks one of Chris's nemesis birds: DOWN.
Red-throated Loon in Duluth on JULY 14.

Thanks a million, Peder.

Chris