[mou] Osprey flyover in Victoria

Janice Dunlap jrdwriter5 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 09:39:50 CDT 2008

This morning at 9 my husband and I were treated to a spectacular view of an osprey. We were standing in the parking lot at St. Victoria in Victoria and an osprey swept by not more than 40 feet over our heads, giving us a perfect view of the underside markings of its wings and body. It headed off for fishing in Lake Bavaria was our guess, since it was headed that way. We frequently see an osprey in this Victoria - northwest Chaska area, but this was the closest look we've ever had.

Jan Dunlap
http://www.jandunlap.com
Birding in Minnesota just got wilder with "The Boreal Owl Murder," now available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com!