[mou] Rice Lake State Park area, Steele County

Forest & Kirsten Strnad carowren at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 18:48:11 CDT 2008

Greetings Birders:

Kirsten and I visited Rice Lake State Park this morning. We drove down to the boat landing and through the picnic area. We did not see a single bird or deer.

They will be putting up a sign soon that states that the Park will be closed to all, except deer hunters, from November 29, 30 through December 1st.       The Park is being overrun with  deer and they need to thin them out.  From their records there  has been some success for the waterfowl hunters.

Forest Strnad
Faribault, Mn.