[mou] Lots of Sandhills on Pine/Chisago line

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 19:28:40 CDT 2008

I traveled to the Twin Cities and back today from Grand Rapids.  No time to bird, but I had a few not-so-unusual sightings anyway.

There were hundreds of Sandhill Cranes spread over several fields on the east side of Hwy 35, all near the Chisago/Pine county line.  I saw a late Northern Harrier a little farther north along 35 in Pine County.

I made a quick stop at the Moose Lake sewage ponds.  I saw a half-dozen Trumpeter Swans and several Common Redpolls in the birches.

Once again, a Great Horned Owl has been calling at Veteran's Park along Hwy 2 in Grand Rapids during the wee hours of the morning.  Shawn Conradhttp://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/