[mou] POSSIBLE RED PHALAROPE IN TWO HARBORS....

SCmzd at aol.com SCmzd at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 14:37:03 CDT 2008

This morning from approx. 10:00am to 10:30am I observed what I feel MIGHT  be
RED PHALAROPE along the lakeside of the breakwater at Lighthouse Point.   The
main thing to keep in mind here is that my experience with red necked vs red
phalaropes is very limited, so the bird might well turn out to be a late
rednecked phalarope.  I will post a picture in the showcase section and  then let
the experts weigh in :)
Either way, I'll be happy with whatever the bird is determined to be  :)
Also keep in mind that the picture is basically just for id, this is a  80% crop
from the original.  The primary things that I kept in mind while  observing
this bird was the thicker bill that at 100% enlargement does show some  light
coloration at the base of the bill.  Also, time of year was  considered.  Any
and all feedback appreciated, thanks.
Enjoy the fall.
Shawn Zierman.