[mou] Banding codes revisited

screechowl at charter.net screechowl at charter.net
Tue Oct 21 16:59:58 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,
  Not to beat a dead horse, but I just want to thank Terry for posting the link for the codes as I find using them very convenient when in the field. I have a little notebook which was given to me for birding purposes from my daughter, so rather than carry a pocket checklist (which sticks out of my pocket quite a bit further than the notebook) I use the notebook and enter my data electronically at home onto the MOU site. It was nice to see what codes were used for birds with the same sequence of letters, i.e., Bank/Barn Swallow (BASW) Northern Shrike/Shoveler (NOSH),and Cedar Waxwing/Cerulean Warbler (CEWA).

  Not criticizing anyone, just thanks!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault,MN
(Soon to have a new e-mail...stay tuned!)