[mou] Sibley county waterfowl - Swans, GWF Geese, etc..

William Marengo mntallboy at broadband-mn.com
Sun Mar 30 18:17:13 CDT 2008

Spent the day birding around Sibley, Renville and Nicollet counties.  The
most productive waterfowl spot I found, by far, was the Dehning WPA in
Sibley county. There were well over 1,000 individual waterfowl present in
this small wetland:

over 200 Trumpeter Swans
about a dozen Greater-white Fronted Geese (although there we certainly more
hidden in the grasses)
at least three Cackling Geese
plus 15 other species of waterfowl

This WPA is located on the east side of county road 12, just south of Silver
Lake about four miles east of the town of Arlington. All the larger bodies
of water are still frozen.

Also, three Snow Geese were at the Fairfax sewage ponds in Renville county.

Regards.