[mou] Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 11:25:43 CDT 2008

This morning provided two suprises at Carver Park Reserve.   My biggest being a flock of 9 Tundra Swans flying fairly low over an area near King Blind.  The only other group flyby, besides geese, was a flock of around 25 Cormorant.   The second surprise was an early Golden-crowned Kinglet near the Tamarack Bog.  Other than that it was pretty much what you would expect:  Kildeer, Bluebird, Junco, Song Sparrow, Grackle, and Red-winged Blackbird.  The only raptor I saw was a Turkey Vulture.   There was very little open water at Carver Park.   I did find a Hooded Merganser on a small pond in Chaska, though.   Most of the trails at Carver Park are covered with a crusty snow, so expect to make quite a bit of noise when you walk.   Here's to warmer weather and a faster thaw.

John