[mou] Sherburne, southern Mille Lacs

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Thu Jan 24 16:39:49 CST 2008

Highlights in Sherburne and southern Mille Lacs Counties this week:

* Varied Thrush, Princeton, feeders on CR 1/75th Street about a mile north
of Highway 95 (specific directions available, note previous report)

* Bohemian Waxwings, Ann Lake.  Northern Goshawk noted in same location by
another birder earlier this week.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Townsend's
Solitaire is still around (there's much territory that is tough to get at -
and it's been a bit nippy to be wandering across snow fields).

* Great Blue Heron, CR 1 & 87 intersection.  Couple of Trumpeters there
today as well, but Monticello is close by.

* Most intriguingly, a credible source reported a Northern Hawk Owl four
miles north of Princeton along 169.  Have not personally located it yet, but
since I commute by there at least twice daily...have high hopes.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
In the frozen wastelands of Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties