[mou] odd shorebird

Joshua Christian greatgray at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 11:58:33 CDT 2008

The bird in question looks like a fairly typical Pectoral Sandpiper.  Although the bib does not pop out as much as usual, the clean-cut bottom edge is still visible.  The pale, dull yellow base of the bill is another good indication this is a Pectoral.

The following hyperlink is a good picture showing the relative size of a Pectoral compared to a Stilt Sandpiper.
 http://lh6.ggpht.com/_3i0Eq9-F7v8/Ru1oR8txkMI/AAAAAAAABUY/m9FSbXU0B3U/IMG_4317.JPG

Very nice pics!

Good birding,

Josh Christian