[mou] odd shorebird

dan&erika danerika at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 11:23:46 CDT 2008

Anthony--Is there some way to share these images with the listserv? (Anthony
sent me a copy of my photo compared to several photos of Reeves--my bird
looks very much like an adult Reeve.)  Although the replies to my e-mail
were almost uniformly of the opinion that the bird is a Pectoral Sandpiper,
it does much more like a Reeve to me.  Only you (I assume) and Steve Weston
replied that it might be a Reeve.  Nick Anich sent this photo of a Pectoral,
http://www.pbase.com/johanstenlund/image/72000268 , but even in this plumage
the demarcation between the dark breast and white belly is much sharper than
on my bird.  dan tallman

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota
danerika at gmail.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau