[mou] RFI: Birdfinding Near Duluth

MResch8702 at aol.com MResch8702 at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 09:10:55 CDT 2008

Dear Minnesota Birders:

I'm coming into Duluth the 2nd week of September to do some birding and
wondered if you could give me some advice to help me with some of my targets.

Shorebirds.  These are one of my target groups for the trip as I have  few
shorebirds on my MN statelist.  Can you suggest best places for  shorebirds in
the area this year?   Are the 40th Ave. mudflats  worthwhile this year?

Migrant Passerines.  Hoping to find some along Park Point.  Need  several
warblers, vireos, and sparrows for my MN statelist.  Plus maybe  some northern
finches may be coming through by then.  Any suggested best  spots?

Migrant Waterbirds.  I need a number for my MN statelist like some  diving
waterfowl, gulls, terns, and dare I say jaegers?  Again hoping to  have some
luck along Park Point.  Any suggested best spots?

Raptors.  Will Hawk Ridge be worthwhile at that time?

Owls.  I only have great horned on my MN statelist - so anything else  would
be new.

Many thanks for your help.  And I'd be glad to return the favor and  give you
birdfinding advice in New England if your birding travels bring you  here.

Mike Resch
Pepperell, MA
mresch8702 AT aol.com

deal here.