[mou] Update on baby swallows

Jenn Reed Moses jenn.moses at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 03:29:03 CDT 2008

I received so many helpful emails about the baby swallows I wanted to thank everyone via the listserv. We ended up fashioning our own nest with a plastic container and some bedding material, and attempting to place the babies in the nest. Unfortunately the babies didn't seem to know what was best for them, and three of the four instantly launched themselves back over the side and half tumbled (with some brief flying) to the ground. Maybe the traumatic experience of being blown out of the nest made them not want to be sitting that high up ;).