[mou] amazing bird day.

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Wed Aug 27 16:28:50 CDT 2008

Waves of warblers coming by my home office window along with a
plethora of regulars but in large numbers.  At one time I had 4 plain
Baltimore Orioles and two very brightly colored males, adult and young
robins, dirty looking Red-winged Blackbirds (male and female), three
Blue Jays, at least four different warbler species that I have tried
to take photos of but have not had time to look at yet as the waves
just keep coming, two Redstarts, chickadees and a constant rushing in
of grackles who flee at my clapping.  Whew!  Exciting but actually
exhausting as I try to get work done too.  Just now a White Breasted
Nuthatch is in with a Red-Bellied Woodpecker and a Hairy Woodpecker -
now they are gone and in come two Downies.  OK, the orioles are back,
three at the hummingbird feeder and two on the jelly.  Here come two
young robins and what could be a Nashville.  OK, another warbler in
with bright white apparently single wingbars (maybe a faint second
above) on a dark back and wings with a hint of yellow above a white
breast and a plain head.  Now the grackles come again.  Wait til I
clap them away.  Jays, robins, and orioles all at the water feature
bathing and drinking now.  Trying to write, photo with a not-SLR
digital, and type is getting to be fun.  I will see if any of the
warble pics come out.  I think there was a Yellow-throated Green just
now.  Hard to tell with all the action and motion.  Wow!  Gotta go and
download the pics before more warblers come.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN