[mou] Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:59:33 CDT 2008

Some migrants at Carver Park Reserve this morning: 2 Northern Waterthrush, 2 Tennessee Warbler, 1 Magnolia Warbler, and 1 Black and White Warbler.  The park was really quiet and finding what I did took some time.   Each warbler was alone in a different location within the park.

The Chevalle neighborhood wetlands in Chaska were empty except for Geese and Kildeer.  The water at Chaska Lake has dropped enough to expose some mudflats.   Most of these are already overgrown.  Beside about 10 Kildeer, there were about 20 other shorebirds.  I was able to id Lesser Yellowlegs, Greater Yellowlegs, and Wilson's Phalarope before they flew to the far end of the lake.  There were no peeps in the bunch.

John