[mou] Great Grey Owl (Aitkin County)

premierpets at aol.com premierpets at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 00:20:24 CDT 2008

Heading back from some work in Hibbing I had a nice surprise. About a mile north of CR 36 on Hwy 65 in Aitkin County there was a very large Great Gray Owl just sitting on the road.? It was about 9:00pm so there was a little light but I did slow down to admire it. It appeared to have a rabbit or squirrel under it.? After a minute or two a car came in from behind so I pulled up and turned around and It was gone. That was only the second time I had every seen one but it was just as awesome as the first time.? A little side note I had some pine siskins to my feeder for the last 3 days and last winter it wasn't till January that I had them show up.? For me the first time I have ever seen them in summer and not always consistent in winter at the feeder. (I live in Nowthen, Anoka County)
Good Birding To All,

Chris Brown