[mou] Buff-breasted Sandpipers, Blue Earth County

rdunlap at gustavus.edu rdunlap at gustavus.edu
Thu Aug 7 17:13:06 CDT 2008

This afternoon Bob Williams and I found two Buff-breasted Sandpipers
at the sod farm in southeastern Blue Earth County along CR 21 just
west of CR 14. There is extensive sod on both sides of the road; the
birds were on the north side. This farm is about 5 miles east of
Mapleton.

Also, the shorebird spot in Nicollet County at the new WMA on the east
side of Hwy. 111 about one mile north of Hwy. 99 from the town of
Nicollet is currently booming. This morning there were well over 100
individuals of 12 species present.

We also found an early Olive-sided Flycatcher near Perch Lake in
Martin County.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County
bobthebirdman.blogspot.com