[mou] hummingbird and suet

josep002 at umn.edu josep002 at umn.edu
Mon Aug 4 14:38:33 CDT 2008

I am so sorry that this message did not seem to come through the first
time. No one likes to receive extra e-mails.

We have had a suet feeder and a hummingbird feeder on our deck for well
over 20 years and this is the first time we saw a r t hummingbird(male, in
this case) go to the suet feeder and seem to be sticking his beak into the
suet!! It did not seem like he was taking bugs. Has anyone seen this
behavior before? We have not althoughour hummingbird feeder was newly full
and being used as well.

Marilyn and Warren Regelmann
North Oaks, MN