[mou] Red-throated Loons Park Point Duluth

Chris Mansfield mansfield3 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 10:14:43 CDT 2008

My apologies to those who contacted me after my July 14/15 postings.  My
personal life has gotten in the way of timely responses, and in any case,
regarding the Red-throated Loons, Peder Svingen would probably have better
information than I do.  Is anyone else keeping tabs on the loons?  When's
the last time they were seen?

There's been some silver lining for me, as there always is: one of my
temporary residences was located in the territory of a family of Merlins,
and just about every time I arrived or departed, I got to see some
interaction.  Frequently the birds would even land on the very roof of the
building as I was outside, and watch me watching them.  Until the catbird or
bluejay or house-wren scolding became too severe, anyway, and then the
falcon(s) would fly off to deal with the fuss, maybe get a meal out of it
too.  (Anyone interested in the location, please contact me privately.)

Chris Mansfield
Duluth