[mou] Birding Day, September 12th and 13th

Williams, Bob BXWilliams at CBBURNET.COM
Fri Aug 1 11:09:21 CDT 2008

We are only six weeks away from the 9th Annual Great MN River Birding
Day.  As in past years, birders will get out on both Friday and
Saturday, September 12th and 13th west of Hwy 15 which runs from St.
Cloud south through Hutchinson, New Ulm, Madelia and Fairmont to the
Iowa border.  Birders will get out on Saturday east of Hwy 15.  There
will be rallies in Bloomington, Henderson and Olivia on Saturday
afternoon.  The Bloomington rally will start at 1PM and be hosted by
Anne Hanley and George Skinner at the Minnesota Valley NWR Headquarters
in Bloomington, just east of 34th Ave. So. and south of I-494.  The
Henderson rally will start at 3PM and be hosted by Dolores Hagen and Art
and Barb Straub at Henderson Feathers located at 526 Main St.(NE corner
of 6th and Main in downtown Henderson) in the lower level.  It will
feature a presentation by Mary Beth Garrigan from the National Eagle
Center and Marie Thrun of the Raptor Center live presentation of Raptors
of the Minnesota River Valley.  The Olivia rally will start at 4:30PM
and be hosted by Steve and Chris Hettig at Master's Coffee Shop, 809 E.
Lincoln Ave.(same as US 212 in downtown Olivia).  There will be
refreshments at all 3 rallies.

Last year we identified 191 species falling 13 short of the record 204
identified in 2006.  We need your help in the field to challenge that
record.
If you would like to participate please contact me at 612-728-2232 or at
bxwilliams at cbburnet.com.  You can bird as much or as little as you like
and there is no fee for participating.  You can go out on your own, form
your own team or ask to be placed on an existing team.  The area covered
during this event stretches from Faribault County in the SE to Otter
Tail County in the NW and from the Ft. Snelling State Park in the east
to Big Stone Lake State Park in the west. You can visit the website at
www.birdingtrail.org <http://www.birdingtrail.org/>  for information
about many of the birding sites.
This event is sponsored by Audubon MN and the Minnesota River Valley
Audubon Chapter.
Bob Williams, Bloomington