[mou] 11 Warblers at Cortlawn Pond (Hennepin Co.)

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 11:58:19 EDT 2007

After being deprived of migrant fall warblers on my two-week trip, I was finally able to make it to Cortlawn Pond. One wave continued up and down the trails, being led by a small flock of chickadees. At one point all these warblers ducked down into some bushes, and it was rather over-whelming! Listed from most abundant to least abundant:

Wilson's
Black and White
American Redstart
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Canada
Tennesee (new)
Nashville
Black-throated Green (new, 1 juv)
Ovenbird (new, 1)
Mourning (new, either female or juv)

Also present was one of the adult B-C N Herons, a very noisy family of Green Herons, 1 emphid and a possible Philidalphia Vireo. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions at tiger150 at comcast.net Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley