[mou] Early Lincoln's sparrow

Robin LaFortune fortune at frontiernet.net
Sat Aug 25 22:04:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

Out birding this evening at Lake Rebecca PR,  I was surprised to find a Lincoln's sparrow.

Lots of hummers  were zooming around, and many active  flycatchers- empids, pewees and phoebes (even the cedar waxwings were flycatching over the lake).  I saw 11 warbler species, low numbers of everything but Tennessee's and Nashville's.  The resident red-shouldered hawks were seen with 2 youngsters (shoulderlings??).  I also saw a Merlin there a couple of days ago.

Robin LaFortune
Delano