[mou] State Fair

Dennis and Barbara Martin dbmartin at skypoint.com
Fri Aug 24 22:35:17 EDT 2007

Did a shift at the state fair this AM.  There are plenty of Great Blue Heron and Osprey posters behind the diorama at the west end of the building.  Some Cardinal posters are with the table items.  Birding trail maps are all out with the table.  When they are gone they are gone.  They are plenty of Minnesota Birding.  We seem to be going through a box or so per day and we had ten boxes so we should do fine.  The 8 boxes are on the back wall behind the diorama and are clearly marked MOU.

We will need to get more checklists printed as these two days used up about half of what we had.  It really is a nice handout that people really seem to like along with the current issue of Minnesota Birding

It was too bad that the table had to close early today as there were no volunteers to cover the 6-9 shift.  With as many members as we have in the Twin City area it is a shame that we can't get enough people to cover this one event a year that brings us a fair number of new members, not to mention answering continual questions from the general public, which is a real blast.  There are still a couple of other shifts open.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
Shorewood, MN
dbmartin at skypoint.com