[mou] Whooping Cranes in MN?

Kristin Maier kmaier at visi.com
Sat Aug 4 15:00:55 EDT 2007

I recently saw a few recorded sightings of whooping cranes in Minnesota near the Alexandria area.  I was just up there 2 weeks ago and saw several American Pelicans - gorgeous, but not whoopers.  I thought they could be easily mistaken by some folks.  Has anyone on the list ever seen Whoopers in that area?

I find Whoopers fascinating.  In fact, I have a theater show running right now - storytelling, movement and voice from 4 characters, all birds, including one whooper.  Folks who like birds and theater would love this show.  It's part of Manna Fest, a theater festival running at Augsburg College, Aug 3-12.  www.augsburg.edu./mannfest.
Thanks,
Kristin Maier