[mou] Becker Co. Buff-breasted Sandpipers

patrick.beauzay at ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay at ndsu.edu
Fri Aug 3 17:25:06 EDT 2007

Hello all,

At noon today I found 4 Buff-breasted Sandpipers at Hamden Slough NWR in
the large slough along CR 104 about a mile northeast of the refuge
headquarters. There are some nice mudflats here right now. A few other
common shorebird species present, but not in large numbers at all.

Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are draining our feeders at Park Rapids. My
Gladiolus are beginning to flower and the hummers are working those as
well. I'll be keeping an eye out for vagrant hummers.

Good Birding!

Pat

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology