[mou] citizen science nest workshop

Paul Smithson psmithson at smm.org
Mon Apr 30 12:30:30 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Warner Nature Center is a pilot site for a new citizen science project from Cornell Lab of Ornithology called Nest Watch.  The information about the two workshops (the next two Saturdays) is listed below.  The workshop is geared toward newer birders and families but all are welcome.  If you have any questions please feel free to email me directly or call me at the nature center at 651.433.2427.

Thanks,
Paul W Smithson
Interpretive Naturalist
Warner Nature Center
http://www.warnernaturecenter.org
651.433.2427

WHEN? May 5 or May 12, 2007                  12:30-5:00pm

WHERE:? Lee and Rose Warner Nature Center

HOW MUCH? Free! Drinks & snacks included.

WHO? Families with children 8 and over, teachers, and anyone bird-curious!

CONTACT INFO TO REGISTER: Please call 651-433-2427 for any questions and to register

Come join the Nestwatch workshop and learn how to monitor birds nesting in your neighborhood.  You can become part of an exciting national pilot program to become "citizen scientists," learning how to collect valuable data on nesting birds in your neighborhood that will be studied by some of the world's most renowned bird scientists.  You will learn more about the birds local to your neighborhood, where they nest, how you can make your backyard more bird-friendly, and how to submit your nest observations to a national online database.

Please register by May 2, 2007