[mou] Lake Blyllesby shorebirds, Dakota County

Laura Coble shearwater45 at frontiernet.net
Sun Apr 22 19:02:55 EDT 2007

Today in the early afternoon, I saw flocks of Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs,
and flocks of Semipalmated and Least Sandpipers on the northwest mudflats of
Lake Byllesby. Just before it rained, I saw one Wilson's Phalarope, feeding
with the Lesser Yellowlegs. At least 50 White Pelicans, a mixed flock of
ducks and flocks of gulls were also present.

The entrance to this viewing area is off of highway 88, 1/4 mi. east of
Randolph, on the lake side of the highway. At this time there are railroad
cars on either side of the entrance. Park on the highway shoulder or in the
small parking area on the other side of the tracks, and walk past the gate,
following the paths southwest to where there is a clear view of the lake.

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls